Friday, August 28, 2009

First week home alone

This has been Kayden and my first week home alone together. We're doing pretty well, getting used to it. We've been on a few outings. Monday we went to watch Jeff play softball, Wednesday we met my friend Pat for lunch and visited Grandma and Grandpa Stewart. Thursday was our biggest/longest so far, we went to see The Time Traveler's Wife at Lincoln square. It is really nice, they do mom and baby movies every Thursday at 10am. There were so many moms with babies, strollers everywhere. Kayden slept the whole time, I was so proud. It was a little different watching a movie with babies crying, but it was ok. I think we will definitely be going again next week! After the movie we walked around the mall for awhile and got lunch. She only started crying when we left. I needed to stop at Babies-R-Us anyway, so we used their mom's room to feed and change her. Then she cried again on the way home, I think she was just tired of being in her carseat.. We are heading to Sequim this afternoon for a family get together, it will be her first ferry ride :)


She took a short nap in her crib this morning.. the first time she's been in it for more than a minute.
One of my favorite dresses so far

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm going to have to see if they have anything like that movie thing around here...how wonderful!!! I can't remember the last time I saw a movie...sad, I know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it is pretty cool.. We're going again tomorrow I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on you first week alone with her. Kara threw up on me twice my first day alone with her, and not just a little spit up. Had to change completly. Also, congrats on the first month as a mommy! You are a seasoned pro now! For the most part it gets easier. She'll be smiling at you soon if she isn't already, and you know how get out the door with baby in tow. :)

    ReplyDelete