Monday, August 3, 2009

40 weeks and 5 days update

We went to the doctor today, no change in her position or my dilation. She is still high and has not dropped down. We got an ultrasound to check her fluid level, and everything looks good with her fluid and she is healthy and ready to be born. Right now she is transverse (pretty sure that what it is called), facing towards my right side. My dr. gave us the option of going forward with the induction tomorrow/Wed, or scheduling a c-section. After discussing it, we decided to try for the induction first, and then a c-section if there are complications. I feel like if I don't try, I will always wonder about what might have happened. We go to the hospital tomorrow at 5 pm to get the softening gel put in, and then back to the hospital Wed morning for the induction.. hopefully Ms. Kayden decides to cooperate!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a trooper and already such a wonderful mommy! I just hope you can enjoy (as much as can be excepted) the next few days! We can't wait to meet Kayden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell the nurses to strip your membranes before they insert the gel...and they SHOULD NOT induce you, gel or anything, if kayden is transverse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wrong.. she is ROT, just facing to the right but head down, not actually transverse/sideways. My dr. didn't think stripping my membranes would do any good. I got the gel today, so crossing my fingers that something has happened by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete