Friday, May 7, 2010

Chicken Divan

I made this last night, and it was really tasty, so thought I would share. The only thing I would change is I used 3 chicken bouillon cubes, and it was a little too salty, so maybe just use 1 or 2 cubes.

This recipe can be altered in many ways. Sometimes I make more of the sauce and we have it over pasta instead of rice. Sometimes I reduce the amount of sauce if it is a stand alone meal. I have subbed out the broccoli and used a mixed vegetable or even just mushrooms."

3 Tablespoons of butter or margerine
4.5 Tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons of chicken instant bouillon
3 cups skim or lowfat milk
1/3 cup mayonaise
1.5 Tablespoons of parmesan cheese (does not have to be fresh)
1 (16 oz) pkg of broccoli florets
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1/3 cup dried bread crumbs

Heat oven to 350F. Melt butter in medium saucepan. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually stir in milk; cook until mixture thickens and boils, stirring constantly. Whisk in mayonaise and parmesan cheese. Stir until well blended. set aside.

Arrange broccoli in ungreased 2 quart baking dish. Arrange chicken on top. Pour sauce mixture over the chicken and broccoli. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top. Bake uncovered at 350F for 25-35 minutes until thoroughly heated. Can be served over rice or pasta. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment