12 years ago
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
25 week checkup
We went in today for my 25 week checkup. I had my glucose screening, got to drink the yummy syrup. It actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, just sweet. Not eating for 4 hrs before was a little trickier, by the end I was ready for some food! I also got a rhogam shot, so two needles in one appointment. Guess I better get used to it. Needles don't really bother me too much since I've given blood so many times. Just trying to prepare for the giant one in my back! I guess at that point I probably won't care about the needle and will just want the drugs! :) Everything is looking good, and I scheduled all my appointments until my due date, July 29th. Hard to believe it is sneaking up on us so fast! We are hoping to paint her room soon, and get furniture too. I've been feeling her move alot lately, which is pretty cool. Can't wait to meet her :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
July 29th seems like a heartbeat away, WOW!!! Can you believe how fast it's gone??? I thought my first pregnancy lasted FOREVER and it seems like yours just flew by...lucky girl. And PS-from and OB nurse...the Rhogam shot is 100 times worse than the epidural needle, so if you took that like a champ, I think you're in the clear!!! Yay for you!!!
ReplyDeleteNeedle in the back really isn't too bad, they numb you first. It was harder for Jeff then it was for me, because he could see it but I couldn't. Oh and the cathader isn't too bad, you can't feel anything anymore by that time. Actually, after having to go to the bathroom every hour or so its kind of a welcome break.
ReplyDeleteReally? Well I guess I've been worrying for no reason then. For some reason that big needle scares the crap out of me, which is strange because needles don't usually bug me that much. I guess just the size and getting it in the back. I'm sure I'll be ok. Thanks :)
ReplyDelete